Where there is a Club Championship as part of a competition, lifters who are properly entered in their weight class and have nominated a valid IrishPF Club by the entry deadline will be able to score points for their club.
The Club Scoring System in operation as of January 2019 is as follows:
- Three (3) points for a 1st place finish in your weight class
- Two (2) points for a 2nd place finish in your weight class
- One (1) point for a 3rd place finish in your weight class
There is no requirement for a certain number of lifters to be in a weight class in order to score points. Even if there are only 1, 2, or 3 lifters in a class, the points above will apply.
If two or more clubs are level in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place for the Club Championship, then the total number of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes will be used as the first tiebreaker.
- Club A has three 1st place finishes (3 * 3 = 9), and one 2nd place finish (1 * 2 = 2), for a total of 11 points.
- Club B has five 2nd place finishes (5 * 2 = 10), and one 3rd place finish, (1 * 1 = 1), for a total of 11 points.
As Club A had more 1st place finishes, they would be declared the winners. If they had equal amounts of 1st place finishes, then 2nd place finishes would be used. If they had equal amounts of 1st and 2nd place finishes, then 3rd place finishes would be used.
If two or more clubs are still level after the first tiebreaker, the second tiebreaker will be the total number of IPF Points scored by the lifters who contributed points to each club.
- Club A has three 1st place finishes, one 2nd place finish, and one 3rd place finish for a total of 12 points.
- Club B alsohas three 1st place finishes, one 2nd place finish, and one 3rd place finish for a total of 12 points.
The IPF Points scored by the six lifters contributing to each club’s score will be totalled and the club with the higher IPF Points (from their podium finishers) will be the winner.