The IPF ABS Club Championship 2017 is nearly here! Athletes – please read this page carefully as it contains essential information for your competition day. Please consult the Entry List for details of your flight.
Days and Location
The ABS Club Championship will be held in The ABS Gym, Glasnevin on Sunday April 2nd 2017.
The ABS Gym Glasnevin
Tolka Valley Industrial Estate
Google Maps Link
Detailed flight information below.
- Sunday 2nd: All Athletes
Please review the IPF’s 2017 Anti-Doping Letter. If you have any queries then please contact Dr. Tara Conlon (IPF Anti-Doping Officer).
Scheduled Weigh-In and Flight Times
Please remember that all flight times are estimated.
Sunday 2nd April
- Morning Session: Flights A & B
- Weight Classes: F: -47kg, -52kg, -57kg, -63kg, -72kg, -84kg, & 84+kg
- Weigh-In: 0700 – 0830
- Lifting Starts: 0900
- Flight A Squats, Flight B Squats
- Flight A Benches, Flight B Benches
- Flight A Deadlifts, Flight B Deadlifts
- Lifting Finishes: 1330 (estimated)
- Afternoon Session: Flights C & D
- Weight Classes: M: -66kg, -74kg, -83kg, -93kg, -105kg, & -120kg
- Weigh-In: 1200 – 1330
- Lifting Starts: 1400
- Flight C Squats, Flight D Squats
- Flight C Benches, Flight D Benches
- Flight C Deadlifts, Flight D Deadlifts
- Lifting Finishes: 1830 (estimated)
- All Female Weight Categories
- All Male Weight Categories
- Male & Female Best Lifters
What Flight Am I In?
Please consult the Entry List for details of your flight.
Q: Can I change weight class?
A: No, not at this stage. Weight class changes are not accepted once the deadline for entry forms passes (three weeks out). This is to allow us to organise flights, etc. If you miss weight on the day, you are welcome to compete as a guest but will not be eligible for placings or prizes.
Q: Can I change my openers?
A: Yes. You will be asked for your openers at weigh-in on the morning of the competition. You can change them once more for each lift until three minutes / three attempts prior to the start of your flight in that lift.